Skills Queensland Fitness, Sport and Recreation Industry Skills and Workforce Development Report 2012-2013 (Skills Report) - CONSULTATION
Skills Alliance is please to release the DRAFT Skills Report for consultation and industry feedback.
The report focuses on providing information on the occupational and skill shortages for the industry, the reasons for the shortages and the necessary strategies to address these issues and shortages. It has been informed by:
· The Skills Alliance workforce development Influence Your Industry’s Future survey
- Skills Alliance Workforce Development Conference workshop in October 2012
- Targeted meetings and workshops with industry representatives and regions
- Skills Alliance participation in a number of existing industry forums and networks.
The report is to be submitted to the Queensland Government by 30 June 2013.
To access the report, click on the link DRAFT Skills Report. The closing date for feedback on this draftis Friday 17 May 2013 directly to Jo Chiu, Research and Policy Officer at e-mail email@example.com
Skills Alliance announces the release of SIF funding
The Queensland Fitness Sport and Recreation Skills Alliance is excited to announce the contracted delivery of training across a number of different industry qualifications and skill sets using funding made available under the Strategic Investment Fund (SIF).
The SIF is a state funded initiative through Skills Queensland. It is an industry-led program which aims to support skills and workforce development strategies that have been prioritised and developed by industry and enterprises. The Queensland Skills Alliance has been contracted by the state Government to implement training under the SIF across the Fitness, Sport and Recreation industry in Queensland.
Contracts have been put in place with the listed registered training organisations for the delivery of the following:
- Diploma of Fitness - Brisbane North & Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE
- Certificate IV in Volunteer Program Coordination - Volunteering Queensland
- Diploma of Outdoor Recreation - Ocean Recreation Careers Australasia
- Certificate III in Aquatics - YMCA Institute of Education and Training
- General Officiating (Skill set) - The College of Health and Fitness
- Coaching General Principles (Skill set) - The College of Health and Fitness
- Abseiling Guide Single Pitch (Artificial Surface) - Ocean Recreation Careers Australasia
- Abseiling Guide Single Pitch (Natural Surface) - Ocean Recreation Careers Australasia
- Bushwalking Guide Intermediate Environment - Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE
- Challenge Ropes Course Conductor (High Ropes) - Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE
- Climbing Guide (Natural Surfaces) Top Rope - Ocean Recreation Careers Australasia
- Climbing Guide (Artificial Surfaces) Top Rope - Ocean Recreation Careers Australasia
The Skills Alliance will subsidise 70% of the training costs for eligible industry workers, with the remaining 30% to be met by the employer or the learner. Businesses interested in accessing the training for their staff will be required to complete an application form.
For more information on the SIF funded training please contact Stewart Cooke, Manager – Industry Development e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Queensland Fitness, Sport & Recreation Skills Alliance is a not for profit industry workforce advisory organisation that leads and supports the workforce development efforts of our industry.
On behalf of the industry we develop the Industry Skills Report that has considerable influence on the state government funded training and workforce development funding for the industry.
We work closely with peak bodies, industry organisations and associations and individuals to ensure we are the voice of the industry in relation to workforce development and training issues, which includes working with Service Skills Australia and the Federal government.
A healthy industry ensures it has a trained and qualified workforce, that has up-to-date skills in adequate numbers to provide the services required.
Proper Workforce Development assists industry to attract and retain workers. In the Fitness, Sport and Recreation industry this applies to both paid employees and volunteers.
Skills Alliance New Website Coming Soon